Why is Water Important
For Our Health and Wellbeing?
At the gym, at Zumba or in my mailbox the most common question is “Why is water important?”
It’s the best anti aging treatment for Bright eyes, dewy skin, a slimmer body, that healthy, vivacious look and.. it’s free!
At 50, 60 or 70 our bodies need all the help they can get to avoid the common malfunctions. We all know them.. Problems of the heart, circulation, cholesterol, blood pressure, arthritis, failing memory, lack of energy. Do I need to go on? Water plays a central part in our health and wellbeing, here’s how!
The health benefits of water
- Water carries oxygen to every cell in the body.
- It also carries minerals and salts essential to the body’s functions.
- Water helps the blood and lymphatic system flow easily and helps balance acidity.
- Water is a skin savior! Regulating the natural PH balance, hydrating, detoxifying and oxygenating the cells.
- It essential for the brain and can be instrumental in improving your memory
- The fluid cushion surrounding bones, joints, and vertebrae need water.
- Digestive juices, mucous membranes and saliva are dependent on water.
- Body temperature is regulated by water and without it
the elimination of waste products via skin, nose, bowel, lungs and
kidney cannot function properly.
The question “why is water important” has many compelling answers and it is easy to see that we should all be drinking more.
So lets deal with what to do..
How to stay hydrated..
Aim to drink 1 1/2 to 2 liters per day. Keep a liter bottle and a glass where you see it often so you are reminded and can monitor how much you are drinking.
Teas and juice can be counted as part of that amount but alcohol and coffee achieve the opposite. They are dehydrating.
A very effective way of staying hydrated and getting extra vitamins at the same time is drinking freshly made juices. Fruits and vegetables contain loads of water and combined in healthy juicing recipes they taste fabulous.
Use simple or exotic fruits and healthy vegetables in antioxidant cocktails that not only taste great but are also an effective anti aging treatment. On my Juicing Recipes for Good Health page you can learn how to use age old recipes to cure common ailments like indigestion, insomnia or high blood pressure.
The health benefits of water are endless but sometimes we do not recognize thirst.
The following might be symptoms of dehydration and can disappear when the body gets enough water.
- Dry flaky and wrinkly skin.
- Constant hunger.
- Mood swings.
- Dark urine.
- Joint problems.
The simple answer to “why is water important” for women of our age is water can reduce wrinkles, stave off hunger and revitalize mind and body!
TIP! How To Lose Pounds In time for the Next Big Occasion!