Perfect Make Up
The Essentials for Older Women
This article deals with new high tech cosmetics and how to use them for a perfect make up. It was published by Ezine in February 2010
Your Perfect Make-Up at 60 – The Essentials
By Carol Engelmann
Perfect make up used to be easy and fun didn’t it? Are there just too many complications now? Uneven skin texture and tone, crepe-y lids, darkness below your eyes. If you are dissatisfied with your make-up read on…
The cosmetic industry is spending millions on developing make-up products designed exclusively for women of 50 and 60+. They have thought of everything. There are lighter than air foundations with more coverage, finely milled, solid eye shadows that won’t form creases, creamier lipsticks containing skin care and plumping agents.
The cosmetic companies have done their homework but have we?
We all want to look our best every day and especially on occasions when the limelight is on us. Birthdays, anniversaries, reunions and big nights out. We need to learn some basic make-up techniques to achieve a natural looking daytime make-up that minimises imperfections and a couple of magic spells to crank up the glam factor for evenings. At 20 or 30 we didn’t need these techniques for a perfect make up, we just whisked a pretty shadow across a soft, even eye lid and traced a lipstick over moist lips. Want to know how to do it today?
First we need to put your make-up in the best light.
- My most essential piece of equipment is a 10x magnifying mirror with suction pads that I stick on the window. Good eyesight or not, the day light allows you to see every eyelash and brow hair and blend colours to perfection. No more guess work.
Next choose the best anti aging cosmetic products.
- A Primer to improve skin texture and even out tiny wrinkles and smooth drier areas.
- Anti aging foundation in a mousse or liquid chosen to best suit your skin and coverage needs.
- Concealer comes in various shades and we can learn to combine them to totally erase any darkness.
- Solid eye shadows that are easy to apply without getting colour under the eyes. These in a variety of the softest shades with a dark chocolate or aubergine to accentuate the eyes at night.
- Lengthening and thickening mascara with no filaments to darken the under eye later in the day.
- Brow powder or pencil, sharp and in a shade that melts into your eyebrow colour.
- Anti aging lipstick in soft complimentary colours avoiding shades that make your teeth look yellow.
- Blusher to add freshness and contour. Probably the make-up category surrounded by the most confusion.
The bottom line is we need to learn how to achieve the perfect make up using the right tools to apply these fantastic make-up products. But where? You can always ask the beautifully made-up girl at the beauty counter, but let’s face it, who wants to do that? There are some excellent books and there are online beauty courses and beauty guides. The time invested will increase your confidence and show you how to work the magic of make-up. It is possible to cover and minimise imperfections, highlight your best features and achieve a soft natural looking make-up at the same time.
Put your make-up on in the best light. Learn how to use the right tools and choose the best products. Invest a little time and show the world a confident, younger looking you!
Carol Engelmann is 63 and passionate about everything anti aging.
She believes that a “make-up face lift” is simple and achievable by understanding mature skin, choosing the best products and learning basic make up techniques. All the information on her website Anti Aging 4 Mature Women is easy to follow, fun to do and written exclusively for women approaching 60 and over.
The 10 step make-up guide will inspire you to start all over again and enjoy your make up.
A new younger looking you, and who knows what happens next!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carol_Engelmann
Back to My Articles Hub
Find All Page Titles for Mature Women on the Site Map
Return from Perfect Make Up to Anti Aging Homepage